Solid Surface countertops are made of a highly durable, man-made acrylic that can come in a dizzying array of colors and patterns. Many even closely mimic natural stone, but at a fraction of the cost and without the maintenance. Low cost, attractive and low-maintenance – a smart decision.
Characteristics of Solid Surface countertops
- Resists stains, moisture, and heat (but use trivets or heating pads).
- Offers a wide assortment of colors, patterns and finishes.
- Repairs easily with light buffing.
- Molds to any shape and is the only material that can include an integrated sink with seamless installation.
- Repels moisture and inhibits growth of mold and bacteria.
- Atlantic Countertops offers numerous solid surface edge styles, without any additional mark-up!
One popular benefit of solid surface countertops is that an “integrated sink” can be seamlessly molded to the countertop. Not only does this provide a sleek, stylish look to your kitchen, without any gaps or caulk, there is also no place for grime or bacteria to grow. Makes for easier cleanup also!
Types of Solid Surface countertops
- Staron Surfaces®
- LG Hi-Macs®
- Avonite Surfaces®
- Wilsonart Solid Surfaces (Formerly known as “Gibraltar”)
Learn about other countertop materials – Granite Countertops